Friday, January 14, 2005

I Just Wanted to Eat Lunch

I should have known better. But it's raining and I forgot my umbrella. So I asked a co-worker, what are you doing for lunch? My boss heard and declared that she needed something because she didn't bring anything, but whatever she gets needs to be healthy because she's on a diet. Fine. Then she mentioned that another co-worker needed something, too, because she didn't bring anything. No problem!

But then the search for a menu resulted in the entire office getting together and fighting over where to go. I ended up having my boss change her salad order FOUR TIMES because we changed our minds - first it was Ronzio's, then Caserta's, then Ronzio's again, then Big Cheese. Of course, there is one person who refused to eat if we got Ronzio's, so we switched to Caserta's, but that was going to take too long, so we changed to Big Cheese, but the Caserta Lady was all bent out of shape. So we finally placed the order at 12:45, at which time I had to scramble around for change because everyone only had $20s.

It's now 1:11, and my lunch is over. It was fun. It didn't include food.

No comments: