Saturday, January 28, 2006

More Finished Objects!

Yes, I know, another finished objects blog, but I really did finish a lot of objects!

This is the baby sweater I made for our friends Dawn and Ian, and their new baby Elijah. It's the Baby's First Tattoo from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation, and I used the swallow motif because Dawn has two large swallows on her back, so I thought that they could match.

 
 Posted by Picasa

This is a close up of the duplicate stitch detail. Yes, I know I made a mistake. I tried to fix it after the fact, but it was making it look worse, so I decided to leave well enough alone. Also, the collar was not my proudest moment, but then, hey, it was my first baby sweater. The yarn was soft and wholly impractical, but it's their first baby and I wanted it to be special. I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, and it was so wonderful to use that even on size 3 needles it knit up rather quickly.



I made a few things for my brother and his roommates, David and Brandon. Eric got these half-mitts from Weekend Knitting:



And then I sent them 3 scarves - instead of assigning them I told them to fight amongst themselves.

This one was made with red/black Patons Divine and some french white mohair from the stash, donated by my friend Matt's mom, Big Nance. This scarf took forever, and the crappy picture does NOT do it justice.




I made another out of a discontinued color of lion brand Homespun, as I had a ton of mill ends kicking around that I picked up at A.C. Moore.



Wow, also a really crappy picture. hmm.

Last, but not least, a bi color scarf made from some extremely soft Bernat Solo, one half in blue, one half in black.




I did all three of these in about a week, and was heartily sick of scarves after that. In fact, Allen's Christmas scarf still isn't finished.

And I won't get to it this weekend, either, because I have to make another one of these in pink for a co-workers daughter.



This one went off to my mom. I really liked how it came out. It's from the first Stitch 'n' Bitch book, and is the first hat I ever made.

I just remembered that I am actually facing forward in this picture - Allen requested that I pose like Cousin Itt. But you totally can't tell.

For Tara, who gets this purple Bernat Galaxy scarf...




...and also for Allen's mum Katherine, I made the Hello Lopi tote. Tara's is the purple that has been partially felted and Katherine's is green, and shown here before it's first of three trips through the wash.



These were both done with Reynold's lopi. I made another in Denim Heather for a Secret Santa gift at work, but I added Trendsetter Eyelash to the handles to give it an icicle effect. It came out really beautifully, which of course means I don't have a picture of it.

And just so this isn't completely about knitting, here's Matt and Aku taking a snooze together....



I just know Anne will love that one.

I can hear Allen snoring from the bedroom, so I guess I should go to bed. Oh, he's turned off the light, which means he's given up on me entirely and I will have to stumble to bed in the dark. My own fault!

No comments: