Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Hotnesses

I know that I live in New England, and thus this is not the hottest part of the country. I know that people in Chicago have actually been in life-threatening heat, and I shouldn't bitch. But I am tired of the feeling of sweat trickling down my scalp and the back of my neck when I'm doing nothing more than SITTING there, for Christ's sake.

Last night, I made a few pies to throw in the freezer, and I had to keep blotting my face to make sure I didn't sweat into the damn things. I stuck my head in the freezer for a minute, and that seemed to help. I made 2 4-berry pies and one 3-berry because I ran out of freakin' strawberries. I think tonight I'll just make a plain old blueberry with the last of the blueberries. We sure got a lot of mileage out of those 12 pints. I think I only have a little more than 2 left.

I plan to use a cup of them to make blueberry syrup to go over the cheesecake ice cream I made the other day. We've been so busy, we haven't had a chance to eat it yet, but I tried it and it is pretty freakin' fabulous.

No comments: